Ocean Diver prototype pictures

Amos, the watch manufacturer, has just sent me and the Prometheus brand owner a series of pictures of the fully assembled Ocean Diver prototype. He's also express shipped us both one of the prototypes shown in these pictures which should arrive Thursday or Friday - not sure because Thanksgiving holiday is Thursday.

I'm told I'll be getting the prototype with the polished case back, which was finished that way by mistake - the final versions will all have brushed case backs to match the finish of the rest of the watch body.  There are some other small details that are being adjusted before production so these pictures should not be considered final - there just to show how the assembled watch will look.

I love it! Of course I'm biased as I designed the watch, but it's hard not to get excited about seeing your own design put into production and be so incredibly well accepted and desired by serious watch collectors.

We just received our first request from a watch dealer asking to become an authorized dealer of the Ocean Diver and Prometheus line. That's a significant step in the right direction for moving from internet sales only to over the counter - it blows my mind to think that people will be able to walk into a store and buy watches I have designed :)

I'll also be receiving one of the promotional Ocean Diver launch T-shirts in my express package, so stay tuned for some pictures of the watch and T-shirt when it arrives.  For now, here is some prototype eye candy...

Ocean Diver picture

Ocean Diver picture

Ocean Diver picture

Ocean Diver picture

Ocean Diver picture

Ocean Diver picture

Ocean Diver picture

Ocean Diver picture

Ocean Diver picture

Ocean Diver picture

Comments

Mike said…
Nice watches!
I still have an old "Ocean Diver" watch that I bought in the UK in 1977 (I think). As I recall a chap named Nigel Blandford (of Blandford SA) got into collaboration with Von Buren horlogerie of Neuchatel, Switzerland.
It served me well for many years and was the first "big" watch I ever owned. It had about the highest depth rating around in the seventies of 100 ATM(I doubt it would have withstood it).
Good luck with your venture!
Brian said…
Thanks Mike! Be sure to check in here for the latest updates. We should be in full scale production next month. If you still have your old Ocean Diver I'd love to see pictures, I have no idea what it looks like and it would be interesting to compare.

Popular posts from this blog

Brief G-Shock bezel stealthing guide

Hodinkee reviews the Ocean Diver

Completed watch design drawings